In 1893 a group of prominent Jefferson City businessmen formed a Commercial Club whose purpose was "to encourage and assist in movements to advance the material, social and educational interests of the city." In 1917, the organization changed its name to "Chamber of Commerce," but its purpose remained the same.
For more than a century, the Chamber has been an unrelenting advocate of all that promotes the growth and development of Jefferson City. The Jefferson City Area Chamber of Commerce remains committed to providing a strong economic base and quality of life in its next century.
To view the publication, A Century of Success, A Future of Progress (Jefferson City Area Chamber of Commerce 1893-1993), CLICK HERE.
The PDF booklet highlights important events in the history of the city and the Chamber.