Small Business News
Attention entrepreneurs - don't miss this event!
StartUp Jefferson City to host Encouraging Entrepreneursihp event Saturday, April 26
Published: Sunday, April 6, 2014
By: Shaun Sappenfield
Members of StartUp Jefferson City are working hard to get the word out about the upcoming Encouraging Entrepreneurship Event scheduled for April 26th at the Capital Event Center. The event will offer entrepreneurs an opportunity to interact in a one-on-one setting with local business professionals and receive business counseling at no cost.
“This is a great opportunity for individuals with a business idea to obtain valuable guidance from business experts in seven distinct fields,” said Shaun Sappenfield, Existing Business Manager with the Jefferson City Chamber of Commerce. “We encourage anyone who is in the planning stages of their business idea to attend this event.” StartUp Jefferson City has secured the talents of business professionals from seven separate business sectors and each will be available to answer questions during the event.
As an added bonus, guest speaker Gary Wilbers, Executive Coach with Ascend Business Strategies, will kick off the event by sharing his perspective on entrepreneurism, personal and business experiences and thoughts on how a positive mindset is vital in both business and life.
Resource Groups and Representative Include:
- Attorney – John Landwehr of Cook, Vetter, Doerhoff & Landwehr PC
- Accounting – Judy Brenneke CPA, partner of Bert Doerhoff, CPA, PC
- Human Resources – Stacy Stegeman, AAQ Drug Screening/Human Resource Consultant
- Marketing – Lois Hildebrand, Ph. D., Assistant Professor of Marketing at Lincoln University
- Permits – Janice McMillian, Director of Planning & Protective Services Department for Jefferson City
- Planning – Chris Thompson, Business Development Specialist for the University of Mo – Cole County Extension Office
- Real Estate – Greg Bowman, Bowman Commercial Realty
DOORS OPEN AT 8:30 a.m. Event: 9-11 a.m.
Capital Event Center, 623 Ohio Street