Jefferson City Area Chamber of Commerce
JOB TITLE: Communications and Member Services Coordinator (Full Time Position)
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
The Jefferson City Chamber of Commerce is looking for a person to join our team responsible for Communications/Public Relations/Membership Development. This Team member will create and implement communications strategies that further our goals and promote our brand, interact with the public and establish productive relationships with members. Must possess a basic knowledge of the community and be able to research answers for the public and members. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of success in the communications sector or related fields, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Preference will be given to those who have experience and skills in Digital Marketing and Customer Service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary person responsible to develop and disseminate public relations materials to increase our visibility among Membership and the Public.
- Primary person responsible for contacts with the Public and Members regarding Chamber resources and directing inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Primary person responsible to field questions about the community and provide resources that are available to inquirers. Maintain the reference "library" in the front lobby including Relocation Packets and Welcome Bags.
- Primary person responsible for Chamber Magazine- The Bridge.
- Primary person responsible for the Community Map.
- Primary person responsible to maintain the membership database and prepare membership reports.
- Primary person responsible to provide staff support to the Retention and Benefits Committees including the implementation of a membership strategic plan, specifically in the areas of retention and benefits and annual membership survey.
- Primary person responsible to assist members with their membership status changes; helping create a membership plan to maximize membership benefits through committee membership, volunteer opportunities and marketing opportunities.
- Assist in response to questions/ provide clarification on Chamber activities.
- Primary facilitator of the Treasurer's Club Committee tasked with contacting at risk members.
- Primary person responsible to communicate the value of Chamber membership through the website, Chamber TODAY, social media, and electronic newsletter (e-Connection).
- Primary person responsible to support and promote Chamber goals, through message development, social media content creation and media outreach.
- Primary person responsible to ensure digital marketing content aligns with our Chamber identity and message and assist with new member recruitment campaigns.
- Support the other Chamber team members by scheduling and organizing the creation of website content.
- Collaborate with other Chamber senior staff members on promotion of Chamber projects and events.
- Primary person responsible to publish a weekly e-newsletter (e-Connection).
- Primary person responsible for Website management, content, electronic ad sales.
- Support other staff and chamber leadership with articles and other communications content.
Board of Directors
- Assist President/CEO with Board of Directors meetings including Board Packets for monthly distribution, minutes, agenda and membership reports; assist with Board Retreats.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in communications, public relations or membership services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, such as SEO and email marketing.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Experience working in customer relations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be motivated and work with minimal supervision and in a highly collaborative environment.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range $29,000 - $34,000 depending on education, qualifications and experience.
Excellent Benefits including 401k Plan, Performance Bonus, Health Care, Dental, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave.
Submit Resume, Salary History and Contact Information and via Email to: Randy Allen, President/CEO at email@example.com
Recruitment will continue until position is filled.