Workforce Action Team
The Action Team will focus on these four areas:
- Develop Cole County Education Council representating Cole County high schools to link needs of employers with educational institutions who are preparing the high school graduate for full time employment. The council would serve as an ongoing dialogue and may include monitoring of graduate and non-graduate placement into workforce or other metrics which support successful transitions.
- Develop electronic Job Posting Database accessible through the Chamber website.
- Determine what job posting information should be on website for both job seeker and employers.
- Solicit input from Chamber members on needs and targeted recruitment messaging.
- Develop a Jefferson City area employment recruiting program marketed to regional high school graduates.
- Determine how to market to high schoolers not only in Cole County and in our Labor Basin (Boone, Callaway, Cole, Cooper, Gasconade, Maries, Miller, Moniteau, Morgan, Montgomery and Osage counties) but to high schoolers outside our Labor Basin (Phelps, Camden, Pulaski, Pettis, Saline, Audrain, Randolph, etc.) through social media, job fairs, promotional literature, etc.
- Develop strategies for successful High School graduate transition to local workforce.
- Determine what programs and resources are needed for a high school graduate and prepare them for successful entry into the workforce.
Workforce Action Team Members:
- Janet Weckenborg, Chair, Capital Region Medical Center
- Alex Stanley, Central Region Workforce Investment Board
- Beth Utrecht, Providence Bank
- Bob Volmert, Continental Commercial Products
- Chris Huckleberry, Command Web
- Christine Ellinger, Central Bank
- Daniel Rumans, Continental Commercial Products
- Darren Heckman, High Five Communications
- Gail Strope, City of Jefferson
- Janel Schnieders, SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital
- Ken Enloe, Huber & Associates, Inc.
- Marc Schmidt, Capital Region Medical Center
- Paula Benne, C & S Business Services, Inc.
- Shane Moriarity, Central Region Workforce Investment Board
- Shelle Jacobs, State Technical College of Missouri
- Terry Donner, Scholastic Inc.
- Randy Allen, Jefferson City Area Chamber of Commerce
- Missy Bonnot, Jefferson City Area Chamber of Commerce