What is Young Professionals (YP)?
Mission: YP, Jefferson City's young professionals group, seeks to improve the quality of life in Jefferson City by promoting an environment that attracts, develops, and retains young professionals.
Vision: Our vision is to be recognized as the area's premier young professionals' organization, offering professional development, community involvement, networking and social activities that allow members to develop personally and professionally to achieve overall success.
What does 'Young Professionals' offer its members in the Jefferson City area?
- Monthly luncheons with featured speakers from local businesses and the community
- Special professional development events throughout the year that offer unique experiences for our members
Networking and leadership:
- Monthly happy hours and seasonal social events
- YP sponsors sports teams throughout the year
- Board and committee positions allow for leadership opportunities
- YP organizes group donations to several organizations throughout the year
- YP offers service projects opportunities to support our community
What are the advantages for an employer to encourage their YPs to be involved?
- Exposure in the community
- Investment in your young talent
- Networking opportunities
Investing in your YPs is a wise strategy. Encouraging them to network and gain experience in the community and as part of a professional group will allow them to better serve your business/organization.
What is the cost?
Membership in YP is $30 for Chamber members and member employees. Other individuals may join for $60 per year. Dues may be pro-rated ($5/month).